Material Things is a locally owned Fabric and Design Studio. We’ve been serving the Aiken and CSRA markets since 1992. We believe that our reputation for customer service is our greatest asset and our friendly designers and decorators are dedicated to helping you achieve the home of your dreams!
Through the years, we have served Aiken as a well respected fabric and furniture store. Currently, we offer full design services, fabric sales, drapery fabrication, custom upholstered furniture, and still have all of our established relationships with furniture/lighting/ and accessory vendors. Because of our long history with many vendors, we have the flexibility to purchase products in bulk or small quantities. Every job is different and we have the resources to meet many project goals.
We work by appointment now, which provides you with undivided attention and more service. Our light- filled studio is located near the entrance to the new Aiken Steeplechase Park on Wagener Road. We have joined with 3 other design companies in a spared space relationship where we all share our resources in one place and have facilities to meet with clients. Previously, we were all paying for real estate to house mostly similar resources and this collaborative, but separate companies, arrangement is working perfect.
We operate a retail space selling beautiful pillows, art, vintage and new furniture and accessories at Rock House Antiques in Greenville, SC -which we consider the best Antique Mall in SC. We are also planning some Pop Up Shops and Open Studio Hours in the near future in our Studio. Watch our Facebook page or sign up for our emails to learn about Special Events.
The retail world of design has changed so much through the years, just like everything else. For 30 years, we operated Material Things as a retail fabric and design store. We stocked 100s of bolts of fabrics, furniture, accessories, and art. We kept a staff available to help you turn your ideas into beautiful finished products. Then, the internet took over the world. Our customers became overwhelmed with all the sources, products, and ideas they were inundated with every day. They became more picky about what they wanted and much more diverse. Most of our sales were special orders and everyone wanted a designer to spend dedicated time on their plan and implementing it. Retail became a side line to our Design offerings.
Give us a call to discuss your design project. Let us know what you are trying to accomplish and we will help you find the right designer among our talented staff.
- Our rates are extremely affordable.
- We demand high quality standards from our workrooms that we have been working with for 24 years.
- We look at ourselves as a Partner with our Commercial business clients and help them reflect their brand without breaking the bank.
- We can help you design a house from scratch, get a handle on a remodel project, or a general spruce up.
- We still offer direct from the mill pricing on a curated collection of fabrics.
- We have sources for the least expensive to the most exquisite fabrics.
- Lighting is a key component to a room and we have wonderful sources from traditional to contemporary and edgy.
- We offer quality 8-way hand tied, Made in America, custom upholstery from some of the best furniture lines. We help you decide whether to re-upholster or buy new.
- We work closely with other local businesses to source products that we can’t find for you.